All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCinema: A Visual Anthropology provides a clear and concise summary of the key ideas, debates, and texts of the most important approaches to the study of fiction film from around the world. The book examines ways to address film and film experience beyond the study of the audience. Cross-disciplinary in scope, Cinema uses ideas and approaches both from within and outside of anthropology to further students' kwledge of and interest in fiction film. Including selected, globally based case studies to highlight and exemplify important issues, the book also contains suggested Further Reading for each chapter, for students to expand their learning independently. Exploring fundamental methods and approaches to engage this most interesting and vibrant of media, Cinema will be essential reading for students of anthropology and film.
- Author BiographyGordon Gray is a Visiting Lecturer in the Department of Anthropology, Temple University. The author has conducted research on Malaysian cinema and teaches classes on fiction film as part of Temple University's Visual Anthropology program.
- Author(s)Gordon Gray
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleKey Texts in the Anthropology of Visual and Material Culture
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight441 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.