All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first book-length study of this topic, D.W. McKiernan examines the way mainstream commercial cinema represents society's complex relationship with the idea and practice of community in the context of rapidly changing social conditions. Films examined include Ae Fond Kiss , The Idiots and Monsoon Wedding .
- Author BiographyD.W. MCKIERNAN is an Honorary Research Fellow at Leeds Trinity and All Saints, University of Leeds, UK, and prior to his retirement was Principal Lecturer and Head of the Department of Cultural and Communication Studies. He was also a founding member of the Centre for Cultural Studies at Leeds University, now the AHRC Centre for Cultural Analysis, Theory & History at the University of Leeds, UK.
- Author(s)D. W. McKiernan
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/05/2008
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight430 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.