All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionDespite claims about the end of history and the death of cinema, visual media continue to contribute to our understanding of history and history-making. In this book, Marcia Landy argues that rethinking history and memory must take into account shifting conceptions of visual and aural techlogies. With the assistance of thinkers such as Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari, Cinema and Counter-History examines writings and films that challenge prevailing tions of history in order to explore the philosophic, aesthetic, and political stakes of activating the past. Marshaling evidence across European, African, and Asian cinema, Landy engages in a counter-historical project that calls into question the certainty of visual representations and unmoors tions of a history firmly anchored in truth.
- Author BiographyMarcia Landy is Distinguished Professor of English/Film Studies, with a Secondary Appointment in French and Italian, at University of Pittsburgh. She is author of Stardom, Italian Style: Screen Performance and Personality in Italian Cinema (IUP, 2008).
- Author(s)Marcia Landy
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note37 b&w illus.
- Weight595 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.