All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do movies evoke and express ethical ideas? What role does our emotional involvement play in this process? What makes the aesthetic power of cinema ethically significant? Cinematic Ethics: Exploring Ethical Experience through Film addresses these questions by examining the idea of cinema as a medium of ethical experience with the power to provoke emotional understanding and philosophical thinking. In a clear and engaging style, Robert Sinnerbrink examines the key philosophical approaches to ethics in contemporary film theory and philosophy using detailed case studies of cinematic ethics across different genres, styles, and filmic traditions. Written in a lucid and lively style that will engage both specialist and n-specialist readers, this book is ideal for use in the academic study of philosophy and film. Key features include antated suggestions for further reading at the end of each chapter and a filmography of movies useful for teaching and researching cinematic ethics.
- Author BiographyRobert Sinnerbrink is Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at Macquarie University, Australia.
- Author(s)Robert Sinnerbrink
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/11/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight330 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.10Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.