All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClassic Hollywood portraiture is cinematic and striking. The subjects in the portraits are perfectly coiffed and attired, their skin is flawless, their wardrobes showcase the cutting-edge of fashion, and they seem to stare out from the frame with a godlike and storied presence. This is Old Hollywood portraiture, produced with excruciating precision to ensure that the stars and starlets of the 1920s and '30s would look larger than life. Here, Pete Wright talks you through how to craft such images yourself.
- Author BiographyAward-winning photographer, journalist and lecturer Pete Wright, a fourth-generation artist and a second generation photographer, was raised in North Carolina in an environment rich in art and photography. His photographs were first published when he was 14 years old when he accepted his first paying job as a photographer working for a regional newspaper. Years later, in 1997 PW Photography s first studio opened in Greenville, North Carolina. The following year the company moved to Richmond, Virginia. The studio s work has ranged from portraits and weddings to sports and editorials. During his decades of working as a photographer Pete has earned the distinction of Master Photographer and Photographic Craftsman from PPA. He also received Photographer of the Year honors from PPA seven times, has been awarded several Fuji Masterpiece, Kodak Gallery, Polaroid Prestige, Lexjet Sunset and Canon Par Excellence Awards, was accepted into the PPA Loan Collection multiple times, has been featured in several national publications and is fortunate to have lectured around the world about his passion for photography. He loves to teach and inspire others to follow or find their passion in photography and use that passion to build a successful business! Pete is a true believer in the motto pay it forward and feels it is his responsibility to be an open book, sharing his own knowledge, and to help create educational opportunities to expose new photographers to a diverse and talented group of photographic educators. It is his life s goal to see the photographic industry survive and thrive in change!
- Author(s)Pete Wright
- PublisherAmherst Media
- Date of Publication09/07/2015
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmherst Media
- Content Note1
- Weight394 g
- Width190 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.