All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince its initial publication in 1973, CINEMATOGRAPHY has become the standard guidebook on filmmaking techniques that emphasizes the cameraman's craft. Now completely revised and updated to include today's digital techlogy, it clearly and concisely covers what today's filmmaker needs to kw about camera structure and operation, lenses, film stocks, filters, lighting and light measuring, and accessory equipment. In addition it provides up-to-date information on sound recording, editing, video transfer, studio and location shooting, production logistics, and modern techniques of picture manipulation with optical printers - a subject rarely treated in such detail in existing film books. Building on the groundwork he lays, Kris Malkiewicz explores more advanced techniques of overall picture quality control - w the filmmaker can translate the envisaged image to the screen through coordinating all aspects of cinematography. As Malkiewicz explains, whatever concept is desired, the filmmaker must be in full control of the techlogy in order to ensure success. Illustrated with more than 350 updated photographs and drawings, this new third edition of CINEMATOGRAPHY will continue to prove invaluable to filmmakers, film students and film teachers.
- Author BiographyKris J. Malkiewicz, author of the classic work Cinematography, is a graduate of the prestigious Polish State Film Academy. He helped to design the film department of the California Institute of the Arts and taught film at the Film Division of The Polytechnic in London, England. M. David Mullen, ASC, graduated from UCLA and the California Institute of the Arts graduate film program. He has photographed nearly thirty films over the past decade and has earned two IFP/Independent Spirit nominations for best cinematography.
- Author(s)Kris Malkiewicz,M. David Mullen
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Content Note247 b-w photos and art t-o
- Weight552 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.