All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the same day as the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, 250 miles away in Peshtigo, Wisconsin, there was an even more devastating fire. Twelve-year-old Ailis and her younger brother, Quinn, survive, but their family does t. Ailis and Quinn are taken by a family acquaintance to live in a boarding house in Chicago, where they meet six-year-old Nettie, an orphan displaced by Chicago's fire. But the woman who runs the boarding house makes their lives miserable, and Ailis vows to find a way for the three of them to leave. Ailis finds a job at a millinery shop and Quinn plays his fiddle on the streets so they can save money. Then Nettie disappears, and Ailis and Quinn discover she's been kidnapped by a group that forces children to work in the sewers killing rats. Can they find a way to rescue her? CINNAMON MOON is a riveting story of friendship and finding home.A Margaret Ferguson Book
- Author BiographyTess Hilmo is the author of Skies like These, an Amazon Best Book of the Month, and With a Name like Love, an ABA/ABC New Voices Pick. She lives in Highland, Utah.
- Author(s)Tess Hilmo
- PublisherFarrar, Straus and Giroux (Byr)
- Date of Publication18/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus and Giroux (Byr)
- Weight318 g
- Width145 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.