All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn an infinity of sky, tiny godwit birds follow ancient, invisible migratory pathways, flying on and on for nine nights and nine days, flying without rest...This is their story. From the creator of the critically acclaimed Where the Forest Meets the Sea and Mirror, comes a poetic, eco-conscious picture book which explores the complex, interdependency of nature. This is the story of the little-kwn Bar-tailed Godwit who, following invisible pathways that have been used for thousands of years, undertakes the longest unbroken migration of any bird, a total of 11,000 kilometres, flying from their breeding grounds in Alaska across the Pacific Ocean to Australia or New Zealand. Facing hunger and treacherous conditions to reach their destination, their flight is one of bravery, tenacity and strength, and Jeannie's stunning mixed media collages, inspired first-hand by the spectacular landscapes of Alaska and China, will amaze readers, and take them on an extraordinary visual journey to the corners of our Earth.
- Author BiographyJeannie Baker is the author and illustrator of a number of children's picture books, including the award-winning Where the Forest Meets the Sea and the critically acclaimed dual language picture book Mirror. Her characteristic use of mixed media to create detailed and elaborate collages is stunning and unique. Originally from the UK, Jeannie lives in Australia. Find Jeannie online at www.jeanniebaker.com.
- Author(s)Jeannie Baker
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight588 g
- Width270 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jeannie Baker
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.