All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Hamburger's fifth collection since the publication of Collected Poems 1941-1994 gathers his poems written during 2004-2006, a productive period in which he has set aside translation work to concentrate on his own poetry. His intimate kwledge of the English landscape and wildlife underpins his meditations on mortality and the passing of time in these subtle and compelling poems.
- Author BiographyMichael Hamburger was born in Berlin in 1924 and moved to Britain in 1933. He is the foremost translator of German poetry into English (among the many authors he has translated from are Holderlin, Celan, Rilke and Goethe) and one of the most highly regarded English poets of our age. In 1992 he received the Order of the British Empire from the Queen. Among his many awards are the Goethe Medal of the German Federal Republic (for services to German literature) and the European Community's first ever European Translation Prize.
- Author(s)Michael Hamburger
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight122 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.