All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBecome an expert in Cisco VPN techlogies with this practical and comprehensive configuration guide. Learn how to configure IPSEC VPNs (site-to-site, hub-and-spoke, remote access), SSL VPN, DMVPN, GRE, VTI etc. This book is packed with step-by-step configuration tutorials and real world scenarios to implement VPNs on Cisco ASA Firewalls (v8.4 and above and v9.x) and on Cisco Routers. It is filled with raw practical concepts, around 40 network diagrams to explain the scenarios, troubleshooting instructions, 20 complete configurations on actual devices and much more. Both beginners and experts will find some golden nuggets inside this practical guide. Every Cisco Networking Professional in this planet will have to configure some kind of VPN sooner or later in his/her professional career. This VPN Guide, therefore, will be a great reference for years to come. Some of the topics covered include the following: Policy-Based (IPSEC) and Route-Based VPNs (Comparison and Applications). Practical Applications of each VPN Techlogy. Configuration of Site-to-Site, Hub-and-Spoke and Remote Access IPSEC VPNs on Cisco Routers. Configuration of Route-Based VPNs using GRE, Static VTI, Dynamic VTI. Configuration of Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN) on Cisco Routers. Configuration of PPTP VPNs on Cisco Routers. Configuration of Site-to-Site and Hub-and-Spoke IPSEC VPNs (including IKEv2 IPSEC) on Cisco ASA Firewalls. Configuration of Remote Access IPSEC VPN and Anyconnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA Firewalls. VPN Authentication using Active Directory, RSA Server and external AAA Server. PLUS MUCH MORE In addition to the most popular VPN topologies and scenarios, the book contains also some special cases for which you will t find information easily anywhere else. Some special cases and scenarios included in the book: VPNs with sites having dynamic public IP address. Implementations of hub-and-spoke together with remote access VPNs on the same device. Using Dynamic Routing Protocols (EIGRP) to make VPNs on Routers more scalable. Spoke to Spoke communication via the Hub Site (using VPN Hairpinning on ASA). Remote Access users to communicate with Spoke sites via the Hub (using VPN Hairpinning on ASA). Site-to-Site IPSEC VPN with duplicate subnets on the two sites. IPSEC VPN Failover with backup ISP.
- Author BiographyHARRIS ANDREA, (CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CEH, ECSA) is a Senior Network Security Engineer with more than 18 years of experience, working in a leading Internet Service Provider in Europe. He graduated from the University of Kansas, USA in 1998 with BSc and MSc degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. Since then, he has been working in the Networking field, designing, implementing and managing large scale networking projects with Cisco products and technologies. His main focus is on Network Security based on Cisco ASA Firewalls, VPN technologies, IDS/IPS products, AAA services etc. To support his knowledge and to build a strong professional standing, Harris has pursued and earned several Cisco Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, and CCSP and other security related certifications such as CEH and ECSA.
- Author(s)Harris Andrea
- Date of Publication23/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.