Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionCities After Socialism is the first substantial and authoritative analysis of the role of cities in the transition to capitalism that is occurring in the former communist states of Easter Europe and the Soviet Union. It will be of equal value to urban specialists and to those who have a more general interest in the most dramatic socio-political event of the contemporary era - the collapse of state socialism. Written by an international group of leading experts in the field, Cities after socialism asks and answers some crucial questions about the nature of the emergent post-socialist urban system and the conflicts and inequalities which are being generated by the processes of change w occurring.
- Author BiographyGregory Andrusz,is Reader in Sociology at Middlesex University. Michael Harloeis Pro-Vice Chancellor (Academic & Research, Professor of Sociology at Essex University. Ivan Szelenyi is Professor of Sociology at UCLA.
- PublisherBasil Blackwell Inc, US
- Date of Publication16/08/1996
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleStudies in Urban and Social Change
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasil Blackwell Inc, US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight564 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byGregory D. Andrusz,Ivan Szelenyi,Michael Harloe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.