All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionCities, Counties, Kids, and Families outlines a model for developing strategic policy for responding to children and family issues in local governments. It also discusses fifteen strategic roles that local government can play-most of which do t require direct funding, but depends upon the scarce resource of leadership. The book describes policy and analytical tools used by cities and counties, and makes a case for using these tools more strategically. It calls for strategic policy to respond to the four critical forces affecting children and family policy: families; race and culture; communities and neighborhoods; and regionalism. Finally, the book reviews policy in four critical areas affecting local governments: education and school readiness; substance abuse; youth development; and family support programs. It concludes with predictions of issues that will affect cities and counties in the future.
- Author BiographySidney L. Gardner serves as President of Children and Family Futures, a non-profit firm based in Irvine, California, which provides planning, evaluation and consulting services to government agencies, community-based organizations, and schools. Mr. Gardner served as Director of California State University, Fullerton's Center for Collaboration for Children, a consultant to the White House Domestic Council, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, Director of the Hartford Private Industry Council, and an elected member of the City Council in Hartford, Connecticut. He graduated from Occidental College and was awarded a Master's degree in Public Affairs from Princeton University and a Master's degree in Religious Studies from Hartford Seminary.
- Author(s)Sidney L. Gardner
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication09/02/2005
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width151 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.