All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past two decades, sustainability has become a principal concern for city administrators. It is more than just an environmental issue entailing ecomic, demographic, governance, social, and amenity aspects. After a short introduction to some theory, this book provides broad coverage of these aspects and their manifestations in Asia, Africa, Europe and North America. The contributors discuss, in detail, topics surrounding measurement, growth strategy, citizen participation, revitalization, and competitiveness. Though each of the cities discussed - ranging from Shanghai, to Barcelona, to Montreal - are distinct, there are similarities that connect them all. The book highlights their common elements to provide a feasible outcome for sustainable urban development. City administrators, academics and other researchers and consultants will find both the theory and principles discussed in this book of great interest. The individual contributions will be useful for students at all levels pursuing urban ecomics, environmental studies, planning and public policy.
- Author BiographyEdited by Peter Karl Kresl, Charles P. Vaughan Professor of Economics (Emeritus), Bucknell University, US and President, Global Urban Competitiveness Project
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication31/07/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edited byPeter Karl Kresl
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.