All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionIn cities and towns throughout the country, there is significant evidence that community development and revation is increasingly being centered around multi-use stadiums and arenas. This book examines how local governments and organizations are revitalizing their communities through multi-use stadiums and arenas which provide the best inner-city venues for sports, entertainment, cultural events, and business expositions. The first section reveals how cities negotiate, approve, finance, design, and build stadiums and arenas. The second and longest section of the book includes numerous case studies demonstrating the proper measures and safeguards which any city, town, government, or organization should be aware of to ensure that their planned stadium or arena will be a fiscal and political success. The final section examines the future of sports facilities in America's cities, discussing the real ecomic impact of publicly financed sports facilities, the changing nature of stadiums and arenas in light of scientific and techlogical advancements, and the future of league sports and their aging facilities. Several important resources are included in the appendices, including a glossary of terms and individual guides to the resources available from foundations, Federal Reserve banks, and other regional, national, or international organizations.
- Author BiographyAs a chief executive officer of cities on both coasts of the United States for more than two decades, Roger L. Kemp, Ph.D., lectures and writes about the many issues facing cities and local governments. He is presently a visiting scholar at Capella University in Minneapolis, a senior adjunct professor at Golden Gate University in San Francisco, and a recently appointed Fellow at the Academy of Political Science in New York.
- Author(s)Roger L. Kemp
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notenotes, bibliography, index
- Weight454 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.