All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionCities of God traces urban culture of rth America and Western Europe during the 1970s, to ask how theology can respond to the postmodern city. Since Harvey Cox published his famous theological response to urban living during the mid-1960s very little has been written to address this fundamental subject. Through analyses of contemporary film, architecture, literature, and traditional theological resources in Augustine and Gregory of Nyssa, Graham Ward lays out a systematic theology which has the preparation and building of cities as its focus. This is vital reading for all those interested in theology and urban living.
- Author BiographyGraham Ward is Professor of Contextual Theology and Ethics at the University of Manchester and Executive Editor of The Journal of Literature and Theology. (OUP). He is the author of a number of books, including Critical Theory (Macmillan) and the editor of The Postmodern God (Macmillan) and The Certeau Reader (Blackwell). He is the co-editor, with John Millbank and Catherine Pickstock of Routledge's Radical Orthodoxy series.
- Author(s)Graham Ward
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/11/2000
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleRoutledge Radical Orthodoxy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.