All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Alexandria to York, this unique illustrated guide allows us to see the great centres of classical civilization afresh. The key feature of Cities of the Classical World is 120 specially drawn maps tracing each city's thoroughfares and defences, monuments and places of worship. Every map is to the same scale, allowing readers for the first time to appreciate visually the relative sizes of Babylon and Paris, London and Constantiple. There is also a clear, incisive commentary on each city's development, strategic importance, rulers and ordinary inhabitants. This compelling and elegant atlas opens a new window on to the ancient world, and will transform the way we see it.
- Author BiographyColin McEvedy (1930-2005) was a psychiatrist, historian and demographer. His many books included the Penguin atlases of Ancient History, Medieval History and Modern History, African History, North American History, the Pacific, The Atlas of World Population History (written with Richard Jones) and The Atlas of World History (written with Sarah McEvedy).
- Author(s)Colin McEvedy
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2011
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllen Lane
- Content Note120 integrated maps
- Weight712 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine39 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.