All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCitizens is a new kind of science fiction anthology. The names appearing between its covers are t only veteran authors, among the very best in the field, they are military veterans as well. New York Times bestselling author John Ringo (a veteran of the 82nd Airborne) and Brian M. Thomsen, a Hugo finalist and one of the most respected editors in the field, have selected a treasure trove of gems written by writers who kw first hand what it means to wear their country's uniform. Among the top writers appearing in Citizens are Isaac Asimov, Robert A. Heinlein, Arthur C. Clarke, Elizabeth Moon, Gordon R. Dickson, David Drake, Joe Haldeman, Harry Harrison, Keith Laumer, Frederik Pohl, Jerry Pournelle, Gene Wolfe, and more, nearly all authors of bestsellers, and recipients of Hugo and Nebula awards.
- Author BiographyJohn Ringo is author of the New York Times best-selling series known by most as The Posleen Wars comprising A Hymn Before Battle, Gust Front, When the Devil Dances, Hell's Faire, plus the tangential novels Calley's War, Sister Time, and Honor of the Clan (all with Julie Cochrane), and A Watch on the Rhine and Yellow Eyes (both with Tom Kratman). He also co-authored--with David Weber--March Upcountry, March to the Sea, March to the Stars and We Few in the best-selling Prince Roger series. He had visited 23 countries by the time he graduated high school. A veteran of the 82nd Airborne, he brings first-hand knowledge of military operations to his fiction. Brian M. Thomsen was an editor at Warner Books (where he was one of the founders of their Questar SF and fantasy line), then later at TSR, and finally did freelance editing for Tor Books. He was nominated for the Hugo Award for best editor, was the author of two novels (Once Around the Realms and The Mage in the Iron Mask), several nonfiction books, over forty short stories, and edited fifteen anthologies. He also served as a World Fantasy Award judge. He died of a heart attack on September 21, 2008.
- Author(s)Brian M. Thomsen,John Ringo
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication15/03/2010
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Out-of-print date02/11/2012
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.