All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor of the groundbreaking #1 New York Times bestseller This Town, Mark Leibovich returns with a masterly collection of portraits of Washington s elite, and wannabe elites. Hailed by The Washington Post as a master of the political profile, Leibovich has spent his career writing memorable, buzz-worthy, and often jaw-dropping features about politicians and other tables. Currently chief national correspondent for The New York Times Magazine, Leibovich punctures the inflated personas of the powerful, and in Citizens of the Green Room, he reveals the lives, stories, and peculiarities behind the public masks. A brilliant reporter with a talent for subversive, engaging storytelling, Leibovich maintains a refreshing conviviality with many of his subjects even as he renders incisive and unflinching assessments. His features have driven the national conversation while exposing the fallibilities of the kingmakers and media stars: consider his 2007 profile of Hillary Clinton, which unearthed a treasure trove of old letters that the then senator had written as a vulnerable young college student; or his much-talked-about 2010 portrait of Glenn Beck, which laid bare the tortured soul and precarious standing of the once invincible host and his uneasy relationship with his soon-to-be ex-employer FOX News. In the political arena, Leibovich s portraits of John Kerry, Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, and John McCain are already classics; they invariably remind us that great journalism and stylish writing are t only essential to the Republic but necessary to maintain the citizenry s sanity and humor in the face of made-for-TV government.
- Author BiographyMARK LEIBOVICH is The New York Times Magazine s chief national correspondent, based in Washington, D.C. He is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of This Town. Leibovich lives with his family in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Mark Leibovich
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication02/01/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Out-of-print date18/06/2016
- Weight499 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.