All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionCitizenship Across the Curriculum advocates the teaching of civic engagement at the college level, in a wide range of disciplines and courses. Using writing across the curriculum programs as a model, the contributors propose a similar approach to civic education. In case studies drawn from political science and history as well as mathematics, the natural sciences, rhetoric, and communication studies, the contributors provide models for incorporating civic learning and evaluating pedagogical effectiveness. By encouraging faculty to gather evidence and reflect on their teaching practice and their students' learning, this volume contributes to the growing field of the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Author BiographyMichael B. Smith is Assistant Professor of History and Environmental Studies at Ithaca College. Rebecca S. Nowacek is Assistant Professor of Rhetoric and Composition at Marquette University. Jeffrey L. Bernstein is Professor of Political Science and Faculty Development Fellow at Eastern Michigan University.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleScholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note1 b&w illus
- Weight363 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJeffrey Bernstein,Michael Smith,Rebecca S. Nowacek
- Foreword byPh.D.,Pat Hutchings
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.