All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCitizenship and the Nation State in Greece and Turkey brings together papers on a transdisciplinary dialogue on nation formation in Greece and Turkey as successor states of the Ottoman Empire, and on aspects of civil society in the two countries. The volume is divided into two parts: 'Empire and Nation-State' and 'Nation and Civil Society' and covers issues such as Turkish and Greek nationalism, the formation of the Greek State, the impact of the Greek War of Independence in transforming the Ottoman Empire, civil society in Greece during the post-World War II period, the concept of citizenship as far as the rights of women are concerned in Greece and in Turkey, and the production and reproduction of nation in the educational discourse.
- Author BiographyFaruk Birtek is Chairman of the Dept of Sociology, Bogazici University, Istanbul. He has been a visiting faculty at the Universities of Bielefeld, Germany; and of California, Berkeley; The Collegium, Budapest; and most recently at the University of Michigan. Thalia Dragonas is a Professor in Social Psychology at the Department of Early Childhood Education at the University of Athens. She is also a member of the Board of the Greek Open University and of the Centre of Educational Research.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2009
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byFaruk Birtek,Thalia Dragonas
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.