Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $216.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionTaken from the Paper Museum , a collection of over 7000 drawings assembled by the 17th-century antiquary and natural scientist Cassia dal Pozzo, this volume catalogues a series of life-like drawings of citrus fruit in watercolour and gouache. Most of these drawings were commissioned to illustrate Giovanni Battista Ferrari's Hesperides , an attempt at a complete taxomy and classification of the entire citrological world published in Rome in 1646. The images are grouped in seven categories: citrons, lemons, oranges, pummelos, hybrids, monstrosities and unidentified citrus fruit. They are accompanied by comparative material which includes the Hesperides engravings, additional drawings and photographs of actual citrus fruit.
- Author(s)David Freedberg,Enrico Baldini
- PublisherBrepols N.V.
- Date of Publication17/10/1997
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitlePaper Museum of Cassiano dal Pozzo
- Series Part/Volume NumberSeries B, Part I
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintHarvey Miller Publishers
- Content Note116 colour illustrations, 166 b&w illustrations, photographs
- Weight2029 g
- Width210 mm
- Height282 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.