All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWashed up reality star Maggie Shaw clings to Jack Daniel's for dear life until her agent lands Maggie the role of a lifetime in the cast of City Vamps, the popular sitcom about five single immortals living in New York City. If Maggie survives her stint in rehab and stays sober, she will prove herself as a serious actress. But before she can be accepted as a full-fledged member of the cast, Maggie must decide how far she's willing to go to keep the limelight shining on her when she learns that t all of her co-stars are acting.
- Author BiographyDanny Fisher began her writing career in 2007 as a direct result of a failed job interview. The personal statement she was required to write as a part of the application process didn't land her the gig, but it did impress the interviewing panel so much so they suggested she write a book. Danny purchased her mini-pink Acer laptop that day, and the rest as they say, is history. Currently, Danny is the proud author of five fictional novels (Burnt Stones, City Vamps, The Exit Strategy, Lucky & Off the Beating Path). She does not contain her writing to any one specific genre, but rather allows the story to reveal itself in the form of a What if? question to be answered in a few hundred or so pages. Born to parents Mel and Mona Fisher in 1970, Danny surprised everyone when she arrived on the scene as a little girl instead of the bouncing baby boy the doctors had told the young couple to expect. They planned to name their son after Conway Twitty's version of Oh, Danny Boy. Consequently, the name Danny (which her mom was too fond of to let go) stuck. After tragedy struck in 1974 taking the life of her husband, Mona moved her children around the country eventually landing in New England where Danny would be raised for the majority of her formative years. Life would once again take a sharp turn. Danny's mom would take up with a man who would abuse her severely for six years before making her escape back to Ohio. In 1989, Danny would return home from photography school to find that her family had relocated. After a few months of sharing an apartment with her best friend, she would collect up her life savings (two hundred dollars cash) and her photography portfolio and hop on a plane to join her family in the Buckeye state. Shortly after arriving, Danny would become pregnant with her first child. Her second child would arrive a couple years later. Before the age of twenty-three, Danny became the single mother of two of the greatest sons a mother could have the pleasure of raising (in her biased opinion). After a brief stint at marriage, Danny is once again single, although her boys are now adults. She divides her time between writing, marketing her writing via public appearances, working at a local casino as a poker dealer a couple days a week to pay the bills, and anything else she can get into in the name of living life to the fullest.
- Author(s)Danny Fisher
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $24.93Trending at AU $33.35
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.