All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom its earliest days, the city of Auckland thrived on business; it quickly became, and still remains, the commercial and financial capital of the country. This important book, City of Enterprise , sets Auckland's business history in the wider context of national ecomic growth, and includes cutting-edge studies on aspects of that history. Written by leading scholars, chapters cover the stock and station agent industry, Maori enterprise, maritime history, leading companies, the timber trade, newspapers and accounting. This handsome book is part of a larger project to reinvigorate the research, teaching and dissemination of business history. It vividly demonstrates the insights, as well as the lively interest this type of history, too long neglected, can provide.
- Author BiographyAuthor Stephen (SRH) Jones; teaches at the University of Dundee, Simon Ville is Professor at the University of Wollongong and President of the Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand. Editor/author Ian Hunter is a lecturer in the Dept of Management and Employment Relations in the University of Auckland Business School and is an experienced business historian; editor/author Diana Morrow is a professional historian and editor. Other authors include Professor Emeritus RCJ Russell Stone; John Singleton; Dr Hazel Petrie; Dr Gavin McLean; Dr Michael Keenan; Associate Professor Ken Jackson; Dr Gordon Winder; and Dr Rachel Morley.
- PublisherAuckland University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintAuckland University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width165 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDiana Morrow,Ian Hunter
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.