All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
About this product
- DescriptionCity of God is a moving and prophetic account of the divine in daily life, of God finding us matter where we are, and making us new. It reveals that the simplest things in life are brimming with the mystery of God's grace. It tells the story of one day in Sara's ministry: Ash Wednesday, when she carries ashes out of church to public places including bus stops, bakeries, beauty shops, fast-food joints and street corners; marking the foreheads of strangers with the sign of the cross, and offering blessing to waitresses and drunks, mothers and babies, believers and doubters alike. Sara pioneered this practice which is w taken up by many different churches to mark the beginning of Lent. Sara explores the profound spiritual meanings set loose by touching the forehead of a stranger and paints a vivid, moving and unforgettable picture of the hunger and search for God and for meaning that is taking place all around us.
- Author BiographySara Miles is one of today's most inspiring and powerful Christian writers and speakers and is in constant demand as a keynote speaker and workshop leader at denominational clergy assemblies, conferences, seminaries, churches, and festivals. She is the founder and director of The Food Pantry, and serves as Director of Ministry at St Gregory of Nyssa Episcopal Church, San Francisco.
- Author(s)Sara Miles
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.