All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in Talia, a parallel world very similar to 16th-century Italy, the narrative follows Lucien, who in our world is very ill. Given a marbled tebook to use as a diary, the tebook is the unexpected means that transports Lucien to this dangerous new world; a world that thrills to the delight of political intrigue and where a life can be snuffed out with a flash of a merli blade. The city of Bellezza (Venice in our world) is astonishingly evoked, with a filmic eye to detail, from the sensuousness of silks and velvets, to the thrill and danger of assassination attempts both and foiled and successful. The world of Talia is unforgettably and convincingly real.
- Author BiographyMary Hoffman is a bestselling children's author and reviewer. She is the author of the picture book Amazing Grace, which is an international bestseller. She is a complete aficionado of Italy - all her love for Italy has been infused into this series. Mary is also the editor of Armadillo, a children's review magazine. She has three grown-up children and lives with her husband in West Oxfordshire.
- Author(s)Mary Hoffman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/07/2008
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleStravaganza
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.