Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- Description<b>A vivid tableau of 1870s Manhattan (<i>Entertainment Weekly</i>), <i>City of Promise </i>continues Beverly Swerling's acclaimed epic saga as New York emerges from the Civil War into the Gilded Age--a city marked by soaring expansion and dazzling glamour.</b> Beverly Swerling's epic saga continues as New York emerges from the Civil War into the Gilded Age--a city marked by soaring expansion and teeming with unbridled ambition and dazzling glamour. Joshua Turner returns home from the war with only one leg yet determined to make his fortune. He aspires to build the city's first apartment houses for Everyman, a daring vision that will make him the city's first real estate titan but attracts the attention of a shadowy figure from his past. Mollie Brannigan, raised by her Auntie Eileen in the toniest bordello in town, is resigned at age twenty-two to spinsterhood. Then Joshua finds her at Macy's, the city's largest emporium, and takes her coaching in Central Park. In his love Mollie finds a world of possibilities, but a secret Eileen thought left behind in Ireland will force Mollie to employ all her wits to protect t just her chance at happiness but her life. Vividly imagined and awash in period detail, <i>City of Promise </i>delivers t only suspense and intrigue, daring plot twists and bitter rivalries, but also the captivating love story of two people struggling to forge their own destiny.
- Author(s)Beverly Swerling
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication28/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.