Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionAn invaluable resource for trainee and newly qualified solicitors in Ireland, Civil Litigation provides a comprehensive understanding of the practice and procedure in the most commonly encountered aspects of civil litigation. The manual sets out the steps to be taken by a solicitor in civil proceedings in the District Court, the Circuit Court and the Superior Courts, from initiating or defending an action to obtaining an order and enforcing it, to preparing the bill of costs. The text focuses on key practice areas, with chapters on the practice and procedure of each of the courts; damages; the limitation of actions; concurrent wrongdoers; appeals; civil evidence; discovery; injunctions; judicial review; personal injury litigation; summary procedure and enforcement of judgments; litigation costs and client care and file management. Fully updated with new legislation and case law, this third edition is essential reading for all trainee solicitors on the Professional Practice Course, and will also be a useful reference for students, academics, and practitioners in the field.
- Author BiographyColette Reid is a Solicitor and a Course Manager with the Law Society of Ireland. She is responsible for the design and co-ordination of the Civil Litigation and Civil Advocacy courses, amongst others, on the Law Society's Professional Practice Courses. She is also the Skills Leader responsible for the development and co-ordination of Skills training on the Professional Practice Course Part 1. She lectures in civil litigation, land law, medical law and skills on the Law Society's Professional Practice Courses. Prior to joining the Law Society's Education Department, Colette was in private practice for 10 years.
- Author(s)Law Society of Ireland
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleLaw Society of Ireland Manuals
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteforms
- Weight1208 g
- Width208 mm
- Height293 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byColette Reid
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.