All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, a collection of essays in hor of Stuart Cohen, examines a variety of issues in civil-military relations (CMR) in Israel and abroad. Beyond horing Cohen's work, this collection makes a substantial contribution to the field for a number of reasons. First, it brings together prominent scholars from different disciplines in the field, from both Israel and abroad, sketching its boundaries. The chapters in the collection deal with a variety of issues, theoretical and empirical, including topics that are usually neglected in English works, such as the control the military in Israel has on building construction permits in the civilian sector and the relations between the security establishment and the judicial system. Other chapters offer new theoretical perspectives such as the context within which Israeli CMR should be examined, and a more general look at the focus of CMR. Second, it gives n-Hebrew speaking scholars and laypersons alike a better idea of what the main issues in the field of civil-military relations in Israel are today. This book will allow university professors and laypersons to access quality scholarship while still offering a broad spectrum of topics.
- Author BiographyElisheva Rosman-Stollman is assistant professor at the Department of Political Studies, Bar Ilan University. Aharon Kampinsky is head of the Department of Citizenship Studies at the Efrata Academic College and teaches at Ashkelon Academic College and Bar Ilan University.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note1 tables
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAharon Kampinsky,Elisheva Rosman-Stollman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.