Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionWhile distinguished academies of higher learning, governments, politicians, and the media struggle to find solutions to the imminent dangers posed to the Middle East and the world at large, a devastating human rights war has unfolded, with precious few warriors to combat it, let alone stem the brutal injustice that is of holocaust dimensions. If there is any scourge that puts Civilization at Risk, it is the malignant disregard for the human rights of millions of people, who suffer slavery and inhumane treatment, at the hands of fellow human beings. With 30 million people in slavery, today, 30 million seeds of strife have been sown, as the souls of these victims are seared beyond human recognition. Human Trafficking cant be combated by indifference or igrance, but by the education of people world-wide, to awaken them to this 21st Century scourge, as well as by instilling in people world-wide, the courage and determination to stand and fight this evil, as Augustine, Wilberforce and Lincoln did, centuries ago.
- Author BiographyDr Ron D. Petitte is a tenured Professor of Politics and Government at Bryan College in Dayton, Tennessee, where he heads the discipline of Politics and Government, which he developed and in which he has taught for 16 years. In addition, Dr Petitte directs the Bryan College Center for Leadership Initiatives. His Justice and Mercy Initiative aims primarily at countering human trafficking, with a special emphasis on the plight of women and children. Dr Petitte presented a series of papers on the subject of human trafficking at three Oxford Round Tables, held, respectively at Pembroke, Lincoln, and Harris Manchester Colleges, at the University of Oxford, England. These papers collectively formed the basis for his work, Civilization at Risk: Seeds of Strife.
- Author(s)Ron D. Petitte
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight358 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.