All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAn excellent, inspiring and interdisciplinary overview of major issues concerning the role of cities, urban systems and cultural regions in the past, present and future. Views are represented from different disciplinary angles and conceptual backgrounds trying to link theory with practice, analysis with invative approaches. The book contains contributions by major scholars such as Franco Bianchini, Roger Brunet, Massimo Cacciari, Johan Galtung, Klaus Kunzmann, Krzysztof Pomian, Jacek Purchla, Jan Tanghe, Erik Swyngedouw and many others. It provides an understanding of the historical, social, cultural and spatial realities of cities, urban systems and cultural regions within the complexities of changing European societies.
- Author BiographyLeonce Bekemans is permanent Professor at the College of Europe in Bruges (Belgium). Currently, he is director a.i. of the Human Resources Development Department. His teaching, research and publications mainly deal with the broad field of the relationship between economy, culture and society. He is a co-founder of the Bruges' Research Initiative for Opening the Social Sciences and closely linked with the project Bruges European Capital of Culture 2002. Professor at the University of Alicante and visiting Professor at the College of Europe in Bruges, Eduard Mira directed the programme Civitas Europa (1996-1998).At present, he directs the Instituto Cervantes in Naples. He wrote numerous publications in the fields of Architecture, Urban Sociology, Art and Aesthetics, Cultural Identity and Cultural and Political Analysis.
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleEurope Plurielle/Multiple Europes
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Content Noteill.
- Weight410 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byEduard Mira,Leonce Bekemans
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.