All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book considers the different ways psychoanalysis is of immense importance to the work of Helene Cixous and Jacques Derrida. Psychoanalysis is of immense importance in different ways to Helene Cixous and Jacques Derrida. Bringing together original essays by leading contemporary thinkers in literary theory and continental philosophy, including a contribution by Cixous herself, this volume explores the place of psychoanalysis in their work. It has a double focus: both on the complex 'treatment' to which psychoanalysis is subjected by Jacques Derrida and Helene Cixous, and on the role of psychoanalytical concepts and insights in the extraordinary intellectual dialogue that united these two groundbreaking authors over several decades. Psychoanalysis remains an enigmatic discourse for the humanities: on the one hand inextricable from and in many ways constitutive of much of modern thinking, yet on the other hand violently contested, from within and without. The essays in this volume consider this situation through two thinkers whose work challenges and radicalises psychoanalytic thinking in unprecedented ways.
- Author BiographyMairead Hanrahan is Professor of French at University College London. Eric Prenowitz is Lecturer in Cultural Studies at the University of Leeds. He is an acclaimed reader and translator of both Helene Cixous and Jacques Derrida. Recent publications include special editions of parallax and New Literary History on the work of Helene Cixous, and 'Revecrire', in Rever croire penser, CampagnePremiere, 2010. Mark Dawson has a PhD on deconstruction and trauma theory from the School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies at the University of Leeds. He has published on psychoanalysis and deconstruction in journals such as the Oxford Literary Review and Angelaki. His recent research focuses on the relationship between trauma and sexual difference in the work of Helene Cixous and Jacques Derrida. He currently works at King's College London.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2013
- Series TitleParagraph Special Issues
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 36, no. 2
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byEric Prenowitz,Mairead Hanrahan,Mark Dawson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.