All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionAre you unsure about: * the current US legal environment with respect to BIM and VDC? * the evolving standards of care for design and construction professionals using BIM and VDC? * what practical methods and techniques can be used for analyzing construction claims and disputes involving BIM techlogies and VDC processes? Building Information Modeling (BIM) techlogies and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) processes are aggressively and fundamentally changing the design, construction and operation of buildings. Supporters of BIM have highlighted the potential these techlogies have to reduce the need for claims, disputes and litigation, but evidence from several early sources shows they are t universally successful in this. This timely and unique book provides crucial new methods for analyzing construction disputes in this emerging AEC techlogical landscape. It explains how BIM & VDC has significantly altered the production and delivery of construction drawings, quantity surveys, and schedules, and how these changes might impact construction disputes. The findings and advice in this book are indispensable to any stakeholder in a construction project using BIM. It will help Contractors, Cost Managers, Architects, Building Designers, Quantity Surveyors, and Project Managers to navigate and understand their responsibilities and exposure to risk when working with this new techlogy.
- Author BiographyJason M. Dougherty is a BIM/VDC specialist with over a decade of practical experience across the entire AEC industry spectrum. He has worked with some of the largest architectural firms in the world utilizing technology to drive solutions to architecture and engineering issues, assisted owners with successfully implementing BIM/VDC both contractually and technologically across their enterprises, and served as a retained expert in disputes involving BIM/VDC issues. He has had numerous articles on BIM/VDC published in trade and professional journals, lectured internationally, and has given courses on the same subject both to students and practitioners.
- Author(s)Jason M. Dougherty
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/06/2015
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight470 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.