All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn Claremont Boy: Stories of New Hampshire and Beyond, Joseph Steinfield shares humorous, insightful, and often poignant recollections spanning more than half a century. The author recalls what it was like to grow up as part of a small Jewish community in a New Hampshire mill town, but the book includes much more. Readers will meet, and perhaps recognize from their own lives, grandparents and other relatives from Eastern Europe; influential public school teachers; some public figures whom he has kwn, Julia Child among them; and a host of other fascinating people from New England and beyond, including a Hebrew-speaking Muslim from the Northern Caucasus Republic of Adygeya and a P.L.O. leader from Jericho in the West Bank. Originally written over several years for the Monadck Ledger-Transcript of Peterborough, New Hampshire, these essays are united by the author's sense of irony and the unexpected. Steinfield's true stories will produce laughter, an occasional tear, and a reminder of the universality of life's experiences. Whether writing about a caring neighbor, an encounter with governmental bureaucracy, or the surprise endings that often occur in life, Steinfield has taken his storytelling skills and used them to recount a life well lived. Claremont Boy: Stories of New Hampshire and Beyond will resonate with readers everywhere.
- Author BiographyJOSEPH D. STEINFIELD grew up in one of only a handful of Jewish families in Claremont, New Hampshire, graduated from Brown University and Harvard Law School, and now works as a Boston trial lawyer, teacher, and writer who describes his profession as telling stories for a living.
- Author(s)Joseph D. Steinfield
- PublisherBauhan (William L.),U.S.
- Date of Publication25/04/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBauhan (William L.),U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white halftones, colour illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.