All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis brief yet comprehensive guide shows pianists how to produce every possible variety of tone, including te values, pulsation, phrases and their combination, dynamic contrasts and shadings, tempo, color, and style. The two-part treatment addresses kinds of touch and the application of touch to expression, offering methods for achieving more sensitive execution in practice and performance.An essential volume for all pia students and teachers, this book emphasizes the relationship between techniques of touch and the expression of the composer's intention. The author excerpts and analyzes portions of famous pia works and explains the uses of distinctive musical styles -- repeats and irregular measures, rhythms, and accents -- to assist students in their interpretation. He also includes hand and finger techniques for varied effects.
- Author(s)Clarence G Hamilton
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, printed music items
- Weight91 g
- Width135 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.