About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about me, Clarice Bean. It's a very funny book and all of the pages have pictures, mostly of me. There are some anying bits when my little brother barges in on pages 8 and 9, so you might want to miss them out ... All Clarice Bean wants is a bit of peace and quiet. But that can be hard to find in a house where your little brother is being utterly anying, your big brother is in the dark tunnel of adolescence and your granddad's pouring soup on his cornflakes. Clarice introduces us to her life and family in the original book that launched the hugely successful, critically-acclaimed Clarice Bean series. This multi award-winning, bestselling picture book is a classic tale of family life that will have you laughing out loud. Winner of the Smarties Book Prize and the Norfolk Children's Book Award, and highly commended for the Kate Greenaway Medal.
- Author BiographyLauren Child is an award-winning, bestselling writer and artist whose books are known and loved the world over. She is the creator of many much-loved characters, including Clarice Bean, Ruby Redfort and Charlie and Lola. Since her first book was published in 1999, Lauren has sold over 3 million books in 19 languages worldwide. Her many awards include the prestigious Kate Greenaway Prize for I Will Not Ever Never Eat a Tomato, the Nestle Gold Book Award for That Pesky Rat and the Nestle Bronze Book Award for Beware of the Storybook Wolves. Lauren loves designing and making things and finds it exciting to see her drawings turned into objects. Other favourite things include the cinema, TV matinees, small Italian cars, handbags, cardigans, travelling and being picked up from the airport.
- PrizesCommended for Kate Greenaway Medal 1999.
- Author(s)Lauren Child
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication02/07/2009
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleClarice Bean
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrchard Books
- Content Notechiefly col. ill
- Weight224 g
- Width251 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.