All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrilling photos of the great steam-powered machines that shaped America's highways and other paved spaces. For the first time read about all 30 recognized makes of steamrollers built in North America. Fans of Baker, Birdsall, Buffalo-Pitts, Case, Enright, Geiser, Gorton, Heilman, Huber, Kelly, Leader, Port Huron, Robert Bell, Russell, & Waterous farm engines will find them among the road rollers shown. See the development of North American rollers from Abbot Q Ross's first 3-wheel roller of 1871 through the last Buffalo-Springfield steamroller of 1935. You'll be fascinated by the depth of information.
- Author BiographyDr. Robert T. Rhode is one of the world's experts on steam tractor history. He is an English professor at Northern Kentucky University and is the author of several books, including The Harvest Story: Recollections of Old-Time Threshermen and Classic American Steamrollers, which was co-authored with Raymond L. Drake. Rhode lives in Springboro, Ohio.
- Author(s)Raymond L. Drake,Robert T. Rhode
- Date of Publication01/04/2001
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationHudson, WI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note122 illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width260 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.