Classic Browns: The 50 Greatest Games in Cleveland Browns History by Jonathan Knight (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's far too easy to allow the national media and disparaging fans to undermine Clevelanders' views of their professional sports teams. While the Browns, Indians, and Cavaliers have certainly caused more than their fair share of frustration and heartbreak over the past century, there are countless moments of glory in the fertile athletic history of Northeast Ohio that receive little tice east of Shaker Heights or west of Rocky River. Jonathan Knight's Classic Cleveland Series sets out to combat this trend, bundling together the most memorable moments of Cleveland's beloved atheltic clubs. In three separate publications, Knight ranks the fifty greatest games in each franchise with entertaining accounts of each contest, properly placing them in the broad landscape of civic history.Regardless of what the current editions of the Browns, Indians, and Cavs accomplish, every contest played is ather chapter in an epos connecting each generation of fans to the ones before it. The Classic Cleveland Series colorfully illustrates that regardless of today's final score, the simple continuation of the saga is reason eugh for reflection and celebration. Classic Browns counts down the fifty greatest Cleveland Browns games, from unexpected upsets to incredible comebacks to titanic championship battles. The rich, six-decade history of the Browns is layered into these tales, tying together the gritty All-American Football Conference games played in the shadow of World War II to the sleek Sunday battles at shimmering Cleveland Browns Stadium today.Knight ranks heartbreakers like The Fumble and The Drive alongside championship duels and epic confrontations with heated rivals. Included in these pages are the heroics of Browns legends like Otto Graham, Lou Groza, Jim Brown, Brian Sipe, and Bernie Kosar to name just a few. Whether it was because of the score, the weather, or an amazing individual performance, each game included in Classic Browns is worth remembering and revisiting. Sure to spark interest and debate, Classic Browns will appeal to Browns fans everywhere.
- Author BiographyA lifelong follower of Cleveland athletics, Jonathan Knight has written three books on Cleveland sports history, numerous articles, and a biweekly Cleveland Browns newsletter for eight years. He has a degree from Ohio University's E. W. Scripps School of Journalism and worked as a sportswriter in Columbus, Ohio, for seven years. Knight is currently a staff writer/editor at Franklin University.
- Author(s)Jonathan Knight
- PublisherKent State University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2008
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationKent, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKent State University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.