All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $29.80
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.24
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.27
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.69
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $33.91
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.64
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $33.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the ultimate companion for creating delicious drinks using spirits, liqueurs, wines, beers and mixers. It shows you how to make perfect cocktails, including all-time classics such as the Singapore Sling, Margarita and Pina Colada, and more unusual drinks such as Duck Soup, Rite of Spring and Passion Punch. It includes a complete guide to the array of bartending equipment available, and a useful glossary to help you differentiate between a chaser and an aperitif, a fizz and a frappe. A basic techniques section explains how to measure, mix and pour drinks, with step-by-step photographs showing how to frost a glass, use a cocktail shaker and make decorative fruit twists. This beautiful volume is an essential reference guide for every home bartender, covering a vast array of cocktails and drinks, and how to make them. There are instructions for making both alcoholic and n-alcoholic drinks, accompanied by glorious photographs. Many of the best-kwn cocktails are featured, as well as some more unusual drinks to try. Here are traditional formulas of the 1920s Jazz Age, such as Maiden's Blush, 1950s investions, such as My Fair Lady, drinks from the 1980s cocktail revival, such as Oasis, concotions popular in bars today, such as Long Island Iced Tea, and tasty n-alcoholic mixes, such as Humzinger. With a guide to bartending equipment, glasses and garnishes, this book is the perfect companion for anyone interested in making mixed drinks, from the amateur vice to the expert.
- Author BiographyStuart Walton has been writing about alcoholic drinks since the early 1990s. A prolific writer and commentator on wines and spirits, he is currently writing for World of Fine Wine magazine, www.wine-pages.com and www.channel4.com/food. He is the author of The Wine Guide: How to Choose, Serve and Enjoy It (also Southwater).
- Author(s)Stuart Walton
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication18/09/2013
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 250 photographs
- Weight567 g
- Width180 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.