All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionClassy ladies and dapper gents have their favorite vintage cocktail go-to, and w you can as well! From Manhattans to Pink Ladies, Gin Fizzies to Whisky Sours, Gibsons to Stingers--and sixty additional cocktails--Classic Cocktails returns drinkers back to an age of sophisticated mixed drinks for the suave imbiber. While mixing your favorite cocktail, brush up on your pop culture trivia with quirky facts and snarky anecdotes. Recipes include: Bloody Mary Blue Hawaii Eggg Gin Sling Mai Tai Mojito Old-Fashioned Screwdriver Tequila Sunrise Tom Collins White Russian And many more! Also included is information on serving suggestions, glassware, and remedies for curing that inevitable hangover. So harness your inner mixologist, break out the jar of maraschi cherries, and transport yourself and your friends to a time when classic cocktails were the only mixed drinks out there. Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We've been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyAmanda Hallay is a writer, cultural historian, and trend analyst. She is employed as a professor at a leading Manhattan college where she teaches courses in history, writing, and fashion. Her cocktail of choice is the Mai Tai, although she usually opts for the more diet-friendly Gibson. She lives in Brooklyn, New York. David Wolfe was born in Ohio and moved to London in the Swinging Sixties where he became England's leading fashion illustrator for two decades. His distinctive sketches graced the pages of British Vogue and the London Sunday Times. David's favorite cocktail is the margarita, but he most enjoys drawing drinks that come with umbrellas. He lives in New York, New York.
- Author(s)Amanda Hallay
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note108 color illustrations
- Weight471 g
- Width159 mm
- Height159 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Wolfe
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.