All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClassic Locked-Room Mysteries is a fascinating collection of ingenious mysteries which all pose the question 'howdunnit?' Featuring well-kwn sleuths such as Sherlock Holmes and Father Brown, as well as the less familiar, including Jacques Futrelle's Professor Augustus S. F. X. Van Dusen, in each story the reader is invited to play detective and is presented with a challenge: can you solve the mystery before the solution is revealed? Locked-room mysteries reached their height of popularity in the Victorian and Edwardian eras; this collection, edited and introduced by David Stuart Davies, brings together stories from such masters of the genre as Edgar Allan Poe, Wilkie Collins, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and G. K. Chesterton.
- Author BiographyDavid Stuart Davies is an author, playwright and editor and is regarded as an authority on Sherlock Holmes. His fiction includes six novels featuring his wartime detective Johnny Hawke and six Sherlock Holmes novels - including Sherlock Holmes and the Devil's Promise (2014). He is a committee member of the Crime Writer's Association editing their monthly publication, Red Herrings, and is a fellow of the Royal Literary Fund.
- Author(s)David Stuart Davies
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleMacmillan Collector's Library
- Series Part/Volume Number77
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Weight237 g
- Width102 mm
- Height158 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.