All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- Description'Classic Napoleonics' allows you to take command of the forces of the Napoleonic Period whether you are trying to recreate the famous battles of that era or are trying your hand at battle situations of your own making. Perhaps more importantly, these rules are FUN! - Gary Zaharek Classic Napoleonics is more than a set of wargame rules. It is a homage to the Father of American Wargaming, Jack Scruby. And it contains the philosophical reasoning behind a given set of rules - how rules must strike a reasonable balance between a playable, enjoyable game, and historical accounts of actual battles, weapons, troop qualities and capabilities. All too often, this last component is igred, leading to many a heated discussion during the heat of battle. These rules are being offered to miniature wargamers of all levels of experience, to other types of gamers and to the general public. Experienced miniature wargamers, being either amateur or professional history buffs, will appreciate a set of rules that t only evolved from rules from the Golden Age of miniature wargaming (1955 to 1970) but still maintains both the flavor and the feel of that era. Classic Napoleonics includes a full set of rules for large-scale wargaming plus A Hole Runs Through It, rules for small-scale or individual figure gaming. Reproducible templates for rosters and handy reference sheets containing the movement and combat charts allow for quick, easy and fun gaming experiences.
- Author BiographyRaymond James Jackson holds a Masters of Arts Degree and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in History as well as a second Bachelor of Arts Degree, in Political Science with a minor in Sociology, and a third Bachelor of Arts Degree in English, all from California State University, Stanislaus. He has completed post-graduate work in English, History, International Relations and Social Work. He holds a Lifetime California Community College Teaching Credential. He has taught part-time evening classes in History, Political Science and Social Services at Modesto Junior College, Merced College and Chapman University. Ray Jackson is retired Merced County Social Worker. He has been an ESL and GED Adult Education teacher. Ray Jackson is a founding member of The San Joaquin Valley Wargaming Association and of The Wargaming Society and is its Chairman & CEO. He has been a true miniature wargamer since 1958 when, at the age of seventeen, he read an article in Mechanix Illustrated about the hobby and Jack Scruby! Kenneth Robert Mackie, Esq. holds an Associate of Arts Degree in General Education from Modesto Junior College; a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music and a Master of Arts Degree in Education, Administration and Supervision from California State University, Stanislaus. He holds a Professional Clear Credential in Music, with a supplemental authorization in Multiple Subjects, and a Preliminary Administrative Services Credential. In addition, Mr. Mackie received a Juris Doctor Degree, with Distinction, from University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. Mr. Mackie is a founding member of The Model Generals Club. He has been involved in miniature wargaming since the late 70's, when he saw a flyer at a local hobby shop welcoming people to participate in a miniature Civil War wargame. Impressed with the club's Officer and a Gentleman approach to gaming, he joined the Wargaming Society and has been gaming on a regular basis ever since. After becoming a member of the California State Bar in 2007, Mr. Mackie proudly holds the club title of Rules Lawyer.
- Author(s)Raymond James Jackson M a
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.