All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book lets you explore the essence of this rich historical cuisine with classic recipes, from weekday family meals to dishes for special occasions. It includes recipes handed down through the generations for soups, vegetables and salads, fish and seafood, poultry and game birds, meat, and desserts. The introduction offers a fascinating overview of the Spanish landscape, festivals and key ingredients. You can enjoy the varied delights of Spanish cuisine with recipes like Gazpacho, Bunuelos, Chicharrones, Artichoke Rice Cakes with Manchego, Chicken with Lemon and Garlic, Rabbit Salmorejo and Crema Catalana. It includes beautiful photographs of practical steps and final dishes, and nutritional information for every recipe. It is written by a leading authority on Spanish food and cooking. Spanish food and cooking is as rich and diverse as the landscape itself, and reflects the Spanish cook's love of local ingredients such as olives and olive oil, herbs and spices, fresh vegetables, and sausages and harns. The recipes chosen here focus on home-style Spanish cooking, with chapters on tasty soups and salads, healthy fish and shellfish, delicious local meat and game dishes, and ice creams and fruit desserts. All the well-kwn Spanish dishes are included, such as Escalivada, Tortilla, Polla a la Espagl, Lamb with Red Onion Salsa, and Sorbete de Limon. Every recipe is explained in step-by-step detail with a glorious photograph of each finished dish. This wonderful little book captures the real taste of Spain and will allow you to prepare Spanish food with confidence and style.
- Author BiographyPepita Aris is an authority on Spanish food and cooking, has written many books on the subject, and has a house in Andalucia. Pepita is the founder editor of Taste magazine, has substantially contributed to the British Larousse Gastronomique, and has appeared on both radio and television to promote Spanish food and give live culinary demonstrations. Pepita's published books include Recipes From a Spanish Village (Contran Octopus), and Master Chefs of Europe (Van Nostrand Reinhold).
- Author(s)Pepita Aris
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication28/04/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 85 photographs
- Weight259 g
- Width160 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.71Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.