CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
About this product
- DescriptionRay's short stories often explore the macabre and the supernatural, and Gopa Majumdar marked by the Translated from the Bengali by the author and are sharp characterization and trademark wit that characterizes his films. Cover illustration by Isa Esai This collection brings together Ray's best short stories - including such read more timeless gems as 'Khagam', 'Indigo', 'Fritz', 'Bhuto', 'The Pterodactyl's Egg', 'Big Bill', 'Patol Babu, Film Star' and 'The Hungry Septopus' - which readers of all ages will enjoy.
- Author BiographySatyajit Ray (1921 - 92) was one of the greatest film-makers of his time. In 1992, he was awarded the Oscar for Lifetime Achievement by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. In the same year he was also honoured with the Bharat Ratna. Ray was also a writer of repute, and his short stories, novellas, poems and articles, written in Bengali, have been immensely popular. Many of his books are bestsellers in English translation as well . Gopa Majumdar is an award-winning translator who has translated all of Satyajit Ray's work for Penguin.
- Author(s)Satyajit Ray
- PublisherPenguin Books India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication30/05/2012
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPenguin Books India
- Out-of-print date02/06/2016
- Width213 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byGopa Majoomdar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.