Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
About this product
- DescriptionThe unearthing of authentic celluloid acetate stencils, a project undertaken by Long Island tattoo shopowner and memorabilia collector Cliff White, continues. In this compilation, thousands more artifacts emerge from deeper inside the trunk and expose a sprawling collection from the late '50s and early '60s. These facsimiles, represented in their original color and tone, include timeless designs such as anchors and panthers; famous cartoon characters; wizards, unicorns, and leprechauns; cultural and historical symbols, from Marine Corps logos to Asian designs; and hundreds of other styles too numerous to mention here. Marks of original artists shine through in the leaves of this volume, revealing the etchings of rough craftsmen of a half century ago and evoking stories of weathered sailors and hardscrabble New Yorkers that veteran and young tattooists will appreciate. Fans of scrimshaw, folk art, and engraving will also consider this book a massive source of inspiration and awe.
- Author BiographyCliff White is a biologist with Parks Canada, based in Banff, Alberta. A fourth-generation Banffite, he has a PhD in forest ecology from the University of British Columbia.
- Author(s)Cliff White
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Width304 mm
- Height228 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.