All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionNew Zealand has a remarkable maritime history and many of us have a close relationship with the sea that surrounds us. No sooner had the first European settlers arrived in Auckland than they held a regatta to celebrate, and the first pure racing/pleasure yachts were built from the 1880s onwards, by the famous houses of Logan and Bailey. More than 100 years later, many of these masterpieces are still going strong, and their remarkable life stories of success, neglect and restoration tell a story of New Zealand's history. ewned yachting writer and photographer, Ivor Wilkins, showcases the leading lights of the recent classic yacht revival movement- big names such as Waitangi, Rainbow and Ariki, treasures such as Little Jim and Rona, and the classic dinghies and launches which dot our coast. It is a tribute both to the original builders of these magnificent craft but also to their current owners and restorers, who have gone to what might seem incomprehensible lengths to bring them back to their former glory and return them to home waters. avishly illustrated with contemporary and historic photographs, this book tells the fascinating stories of these boats and at the same time tel
- Author BiographyIvor Wilkins is an internationally known and respected yachting writer, contributing to a range of local and international publications. Through his company Offshore Images he is also internationally recognised as one of New Zealand's leading marine photographers.
- PrizesShortlisted for PANZ Book Design Awards: Best Typography 2011.
- Author(s)Ivor Wilkins
- PublisherRandom House New Zealand Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- First Published2010
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2800 g
- Width256 mm
- Height311 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.