All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIf one considers that the Graeco-Roman influence forms the base on which Western literary tradition rests, then this is an essential companion for the student of literature. The comprehensive introduction thoughtfully examines the evolution of classical drama, providing a firm grounding for the student. The works selected include the best-kwn works of the classical Greek and Roman theatre. The authors and titles reflect those most likely to be found in anthologies, most likely to be reprinted as 'classics' in paperback editions, and most likely to be encountered by the student. The bibliography is arranged alphabetically by author and title. For each author, a general bibliography is included. The citations under each play provide refernces to readily accessible works that offer commentary and criticism. Finally, there are citations pointing the student to the best available translations of these plays.
- Author BiographyRobert J. Forman received his Ph.D. in Classics from New York University. He is the author of numerous scholarly articles and reviews. Currently he is professor of English and Classical Studies at St. John's University.
- Author(s)Robert J. Forman
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/06/1989
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleMagill Bibliographies
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.