All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second edition has been updated and revised and contains contributions covering important developments in this field, and reflecting on interesting insights into classical vae. The book examines thermonuclear processes, the evolution of va systems, va atmospheres and winds, the evolution of dust and molecules in vae, va remnants and observations of vae in other galaxies. It includes observations across the electromagnetic spectrum, from radio to gamma rays, and discusses some of the most important outstanding problems in classical va research.
- Author BiographyMichael Bode is Professor of Astrophysics at Liverpool John Moores University. He is a Senior Fellow of the Particle Physics and Astronomy Research Council and Director of the Liverpool Telescope Project. He has served on many research councils and committees and has been Secretary and Vice President of the Royal Astronomical Society. Aneurin Evans is Professor of Astrophysics at Keele University. His research interests include the study of novae, 'born-again' systems like 'Sakurai's Object', the interstellar medium in globular clusters, and mapping the Galactic plane at sub-mm wavelengths.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/04/2008
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleCambridge Astrophysics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 43
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note130 b/w illus.
- Weight830 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAneurin Evans,Michael F. Bode
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.