All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnlike the Classics Illustrated comic books of decades ago, which would squeeze even the lengthiest vels into just 48 to 64 pages of comics, Classics Illustrated Deluxe allows comics creators far more room to adapt the classics. Case in point, Oliver Twist , by Charles Dickens is adapted in 229 pages of comics by writer Loic Dauvillier and artist Olivier Deloye - the longest comics adaptation yet in Classics Illustrated history. Now the serious themes of the vel, complete with all the sarcasm and dark humour, come to life in this exceptional graphic vel.
- Author BiographyLoic Dauvillier was born in Cambrai, France in 1971. In 1996, he helped to found Editions Charette where he worked with Jean-Luc Loyer. In 2004, Dauvillier began work for Editions Delcourt with his adaptation of Oliver Twist, after which CLASSICS ILLUSTRATED DELUXE writer Jean David Morvan ( The Adventures of Tom Sawyer ) hired him to adapt Around the World in 80 Days. Olivier Deloye is a French comics artist whose work includes 22 titles for Multimedia Press along with art for MMAmagazine, KOT Illustrations, and Bluedot.
- Author(s)Charles Dickens,Loic Dauvillier
- Date of Publication25/04/2012
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefull colour illustrations throughout
- Weight499 g
- Width165 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Artist(s)Olivier Deloye
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.