All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionWith this newly expanded eighth edition of CLASSICS OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, authors Jay M. Shafritz and Albert C. Hyde introduce students to the principles of public administration via the most significant scholarly writings on the topic. Straightforward and informative, this text begins its discussion with Confucius in ancient China and continues to today's political scientists. This edition includes 17 new readings and addresses the key fields of public administration: bureaucracy, organization theory, human resources management, the budgetary process, public policy, implementation, evaluation, intergovernmental relations, and public service ethics.
- Author BiographyAlbert C. Hyde is Senior Scholar in Residence in the Department of Public Administration and Policy School of Public Affairs at American University. He has been an advisory consultant for the U.S. Department of Interior and U.S. Forest Service on federal policy and strategy development. From 1992 to 2008, he was a senior consultant for the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C.. His academic experience includes directing public administration programs at San Francisco State University and the University of Pittsburgh. He holds an MPA and a PhD from the State University of New York at Albany. Jay M. Shafritz is professor emeritus of Public and International Affairs at the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania. He is the author, co-author, or editor of more than 40 textbooks and reference books on business and public administration. He holds a doctorate from Temple University and an MPA from the Baruch College of the City University of New York.
- Author(s)Albert C. Hyde,Jay Shafritz
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight816 g
- Width163 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.