Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis fully illustrated catalogue for Gagosian Gallery's Claude Monet: Late Work focuses on important and previously unseen drawings from the artist's gardens at Giverny. An extensive illustrated catalog, it includes a detailed chrology of Monet's life and exhibitions while at Giverny written by leading Monet scholar Charles Stuckey and a compendium of historical reviews compiled by Claire Durand-Ruel Sllaerts. The focus of the exhibition is the most important late subjects drawn from his gardens at Giverny-Nympheas, Le point japonais, and L'allee de rosiers. Aggressively rendered with broad brushwork and unusual color combinations these late paintings stand in marked contrast to the more refined 1909 works, attesting to the modernity of Monet's expanded vision. These paintings are among the most treasured of the artist's long and prodigious career, several of which were never exhibited during the artist's lifetime.
- Author BiographyPaul Tucker Hayes is one of the foremost authorities on Monet and curator of the Gagosian Gallery exhibition. He is a Professor of Art at the University of Massachusetts, Boston.
- Author(s)Paul Tucker Hayes
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication21/09/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight1656 g
- Width287 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.